Life is full of complex legal and financial decisions, and you do not have to make them alone.
You may know that your life and legacy are about much more than money but maybe you are not sure exactly how that translates into legal documents like Wills, Trusts, Health Care Directives, and Powers of Attorney. Maybe you are even thinking you can do it all yourself online given the new online technology being advertised daily that suggest you DIY your important planning. We know (and will help you understand too) that do-it-yourself estate planning will leave your family lost and unsupported, and may even cause the loss of your assets when something happens to you. By then, it will be too late for your family to clean up the mess left behind. With our help, you will feel confident that you have made all the right choices about the use of your resources while living, and that your family will be left with support and a clear plan if you become ill, are, injured or pass away.
THREE LEVELS OF PLANNINGEstate planning at the Gill Law Firm is not one size fits all. We offer 3 levels of planning to suit your varying needs. From starter plans primarily for families with young children and little in the way of financial wealth to more robust plans for well-established families concerned with matters of asset protection, preservation and increased growth, we’ve got you covered. Generally, our fees for a married couple with kids who is not focused on keeping the family out of court range between $2,000 up to $8,000 on the high end for an extensive plan that provides significant asset protection after death + maximum protection for your assets from inadvertent loss to the State Department of Unclaimed Property or the Court process. It’s our opinion that if you are looking for less expensive planning, you may as well read up and do it yourself because you’ll get the same quality of planning online as you will with any lawyer charging fees that are less than what we offer here. We’ve priced our planning for you at the intersection of affordability and effectiveness. When we meet for your Family Wealth Planning Session, we will review the 3 planning levels with you, and you will choose your own fee based on your budget and the planning options that are most important to you and your family. Our plans are focused on ensuring your family has somewhere to turn if and when something happens to you, that your plan will work and you have real security, not the false security that comes with a cheap set of estate planning documents. There truly is no one size fits all choice. We have created a process, though, to educate you quickly and effectively so that you can make empowered, informed choices about what you want for the people you love, so that you aren’t simply choosing the cheapest option because you don’t have any other basis for making your decisions.
PERSONALIZED SERVICEWe believe in personalized service for each and every client. Our approach is educational and proactive – we educate you based on the specifics of your family situation, your assets, and your individual needs, wants, desires and values and then guide you to tell us what you want most, so we can create the plan (and the fee for that plan) that aligns with your objectives for your family and your assets. We represent families throughout varying stages of life:
- traditional two parent families or single parents wishing to provide for and protect their children and themselves;
- unmarried couples who are either solidifying their relationship through proper planning or dissolving their relationship with the assistance of caring counsel,
- blended families negotiating the challenges of creating new relationships with varying expectations
- families with special needs looking to ensure that their children with special needs will be taken care of and able to continue to receive government assistance
- high net worth families seeking strategies for minimizing estate and income taxes
- family business owners seeking ways to protect and expand their companies and considering how and when to transition to the next generation of ownership
- estate executors and beneficiaries navigating the court process of probate administration
- family members or trustees carrying out the legacy left behind through a trust administration
Your Life, Your Family, Your Legacy
Schedule your Family Wealth Estate Planning Session TODAY!